Central Library Services for Suffolk County Residents
Patchogue-Medford Library offers many services that are available to all residents of Suffolk County, including:
- Direct access borrowing. Circulating materials, including books, compact discs, most DVDs, and more may be borrowed directly by all Suffolk County public library cardholders.
- Test preparation and civil service study guides may be borrowed.
- Free career counseling, by appointment. Call the reference desk, at 654-4700 ext. 220, to make a free, confidential, one hour appointment with our career counselor. Appoinments are available on Monday evenings.
Free Citizenship classes. Classes to prepare for the United States Citizenship test are held Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 7:00 to 8:30. All are welcome. Registration is required.
- Genealogy Research Group. The Genealogy Research Group meets once a month on Saturday mornings at the library. Most meetings include a speaker on a special topic. All those interested in genealogy are invited.
- Fishing Tackle Loaner Program. Patrons with any Suffolk County library card may check out a salt-water fishing rod and reel for a three-week loan.Sponsors for the program include the National Marine Fisheries Service, NY Fishing Tackle Trade Association, The NY State Department of Environmental Conservation, the American Sportfishing Association, the Long Island Beach Buggy Association, the NY State Sportfishing Federation, and Patchogue-Medford Youth Services.
- Audiovisual equipment may be borrowed, by appointment. To arrange to borrow audioviual equipment, contact our Audiovisual Department at 654-4700 ext. 252. Equipment available includes a slide projector, overhead projector, cassette player/recorder, CD player, and tabletop magnifying glass.
Free Blood Pressure Screening. Meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month, 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Spanish Language Counseling for Small Business. Provided by New York State Small Business Development Center. Second and Fourth Thursday of each month from 5 -8 p.m. Appointment required.Call 654-4700 ext 234
- Immigration Counseling. Certified immigration staff from Catholic Charities provides general immigration counseling, including N400 application form assistance.Tuesdays from 3-7 p.m. Appointment required. Call 654-4700, ext.234