North Patchogue History
North Patchogue, N.Y. -- History
(Unincorporated Village & Census Designated Place)
- Canaan Lake, Below the Dam, [North] Patchogue, L.I. [photo] (Patchogue-Medford Library. Celia M. Hastings Local History Room)
- Canaan Lake, New York (Find Lakes)
- Feasibility Study to Eradicate Aquatic Invasive/Nuisance Species in Canaan Lake, North Patchogue and Upper and Lower Lakes, Yaphank (SavetheYaphankLakes.org)
- North Patchogue, Long Island (Long Island Exchange)
- North Patchogue, New York (Wikipedia)
- North Patchogue CDP [Census-Designated Place], New York QuickLinks (U.S. Census Bureau)
---- Dulias, Gottfried P.
----- PML Catalog Sampler:
See also "L.I. - North Patchogue" vertical files
- Popp, Diana M. & Gottfried P. Dulias. Another Bowl of Kapusta: The True Life Story of a World War II Luftwaffe Fighter Pilot and P.O.W. in Russia. Bloomington, IN: Author House, 2004. -- Mr. Dulias is a resident of North Patchogue
---- Murphy, Michael Patrick, 1976-2005 [posthumous recipient of the
Congressional Medal of Honor, for valor in Afghanistan;
Patchogue P.O. renamed in his honor, 2006; Navy destroyer
named in his honor (see below)]
- Michael P. Murphy (Wikipedia)
- Lt. Michael Murphy, Navy Seal "Sailor's Cross Memorial" Photos - Patchogue, NY (Withheldnewsgroups.vox.com)
- Lt. Michael P. Murphy, USN (1976-2005) (Maritime Quest) -- photos, Medal of Honor citation, biography, military career, valor
- Lt. Michael P. Murphy, USN (Medal of Honor, USN Recipients) -- photo, summary of action, official citation, biography, photo gallery, FAQ, Press Advisory
- Long Island Green Beret is Remembered, reported by Ti-Hua Chang (Fox News) - article and video
- Navy Christens Destroyer [DDG-112] for Lt. Michael Murphy: Parents at Ceremony for Medal of Honor Winner Killed in Action in Afghanistan, by Jerry Cimisi (Patchogue Patch. Neighborhood Files, Government, May 9, 2011)
- Patchogue Citizens Remember Lt. Michael Murphy, by Lt. Leslie Lykins, Deputy, Navy Office of Information (U.S. Navy. Office of Information, East)
----- PML Catalog Sampler:
- Williams, Gary. Seal of Honor: Operation Red Wings and the Life of Lt. Michael P. Murphy, USN. Annapolis, MD: Naval Institute Press, 2010.
--- Insects [or, North Patchogue, Battle of, 1942-1943]
- "Cricket Invasion Fought in Suffolk: Pests in North Patchogue Raid Houses and Threaten to Drive Out Families." New York Times, July 17, 1942: p. 17.
- "Cricket Nuissance is Still Fought." Patchogue Advance, July 23, 1942: p. 5.
- "Dispossess Crickets by Closing a Dump." Patchogue Advance, July 22, 1943: p. 6.
--- North Patchogue Fire Department
---- PML Catalog Sampler:
- LaVeglia, Joseph A. North Patchogue Fire Department has Grown.... [Patchogue, NY]: Searles Graphics, Inc., 1983.